Sandbanks was only beaten out by Salcombe in Devon for the most exclusive coastal property market (Image: Stephen Bath)
Sandbanks has been ranked as the second most exclusive coastal property market in the UK for 2023, according to new research.
Quickmove Properties, has revealed which of Britain’s favourite seaside locations are home to the most exclusive coastal housing markets, with house price premiums sitting as high as 89% when compared to the wider areas in which they are located.
They analysed property prices in 100 of Britain’s favourite seaside towns, looking at how they compare to the wider local authority, before revealing the 32 most exclusive that command a house price premium.
Salcombe in Devon had the highest difference at 89% whilst Sandbanks was in second at 71%.
Specifically, the postcode of BH13 has an average house price of £599,547 which is 71% higher than the wider average of £350,505 found across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
Bournemouth Echo: The average price of a house in Sandbanks is just under £600,000
The average price of a house in Sandbanks is just under £600,000 (Image: Newsquest)
Top 10 most exclusive coastal property markets in UK for 2023
The research from Quickmove Properties had the 10 most exclusive property market locations as follows:
1. Salcombe, Devon – 89% higher (£739,455) than wider average of £392,055
2. Sandbanks, Dorset – 71% higher (£599,547) than wider average of £350,505
3. Padstow, Cornwall – 62% higher (£509,895) than wider average of £314,387
4. Southwold, Suffolk – 56% higher (£495,372) than wider average of £317,047
5. Aldeburgh, Suffolk – 54% higher (£488,224) than wider average of £317,047
6. North Berwick, East Lothian – 38% higher (£409,067) than wider average of £295,699
7. Porthcawl, Bridgend – 34% higher (£275,538) than wider average of £204,956
8. Abersoch, Gwynedd – 26% higher (£252,786) than wider average of £201,298
9. Seahouses, Northumberland – 24% higher (£244,340) than wider average of £196,671
10. Fowey, Cornwall – 24% higher (£388,727) than wider average of £314,387
Mark O’Dwyer, Sales Director at Quickmove Properties, said